Every form in our system is associated to a resident profile, providing a means of researching and viewing a resident's history. In an effort to help mitigate the management of these profiles a new workflow has being introduced to help manage resident profiles within SimpleLTC: the Resident Workflow.
How does it work?
- A form is submitted for the resident which indicates a change in status ("Admission" or "Discharge").
- The form is processed by the state or CMS.
- An evaluation of the resident profile is then conducted with one of the following action occurring:
- Create a new resident profile, if one didn't exist before
- Change a resident's status to Discharged
- Change a resident's status to Activity
How does this affect me?
This change does not affect or require any additional interaction from you, it takes place behind the scenes.
What if I didn't want to Discharge my resident?
Not a problem, we have a system in place that will let you override our default workflow for a set period of time. Just visit the resident profile and change their status back to "Active". This will set a flag letting us know not to alter this profile's status for a set period of time.
Can I choose to not use the service?
We do provide the option to opt out of our new service, this will allow you full access over the resident workflow. You can always opt back in as well.
If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to comment, your input is highly valued.